Hello my beautiful friends! I thought I’d do a little week in review for you, since this is officially my first full week as a blogger! So, how did things go? Let’s start with the not-so-good…
- Last week was incredibly stressful for me. Work was INSANE, and I spent more time at work than doing anything else last week. When I’m busy and working hard, I’m all in, so I tend to let the other stuff slide (you know like working out, eating well, and generally anything that has to do with making me happy). I can be an all-or-nothing type personality, and I really need to work on better balance.
- The cupcake incident…chalk that one up to a weak moment. But Bad ass Victoria had better get herself in check, because this can’t be happening all the time. Next week I’m going to a workshop on Mindfulness practice—using mindfulness to combat emotional eating—so watch for a blog about that soon.
- So the consequence of not taking better care of myself, and eating cupcakes and other not so great things for me…I gained 0.6 of a pound. Yes I gained, but not a complete disaster. Enough of a gain thought to make me realize I better step it up and get myself back on track.
And the good…
- I’m feeling a little more like myself again after this horrid work week. I met a friend for coffee on Saturday and I had breakfast with my parents and my brother today. I feel calmer and more relaxed heading into the new week.
- This blog! I’ve received so many positive notes and words of encouragement, I can’t thank everyone enough. I’m really enjoying blogging so far and I’m hoping I can bring you some interesting thoughts in the days, weeks, months, and years to come (ok I may have just locked myself into a lengthy time committment there).
I hope everyone has an amazing week!