Nothing I love more than a Wednesday heading into a long weekend…except maybe a Friday heading into a long weekend! It’s Canada Day here on Monday (which is a statutory holiday) and I am taking Friday as a vacation day, so I’m looking forward to a nice long weekend. I’m getting together on Saturday with my awesome friend Randy (whose blog createdbyrcw is amazing and you should check it out) and I’m super excited about that.
While we’re on the subject of Randy, he was kind enough last week to bestow upon me the “Always Here if You Need Me” award. The award was designed to celebrate the love and support you get from those special few in the blogosphere who not only appreciate what you post but also make an extra effort to comment and provide support and feedback.
Randy has been, and is, one of my biggest supporters, not just with writing my blog but with writing in general. He has always pushed and encouraged me to find my voice and tell my story—whatever it is.
The rules of the award are:
- Post a picture of the award somewhere on your blog.
- List five things that make you happy.
- Nominate three people who have always been there for you, who have always provided support and enthusiasm for your efforts, and to whom you feel you could turn when you’re dealing with challenges. Comment on their blogs and let them know of the nomination.
Five Things That Make Me Happy
- Macaroni and cheese—pathetic, but it’s true…my love for mac and cheese is deep and it’s real.
- Day dreaming—I’ve always been a great planner and I could stew quietly for days just inside my own head…and if I told you what I was thinking about no one would ever want to talk to me again. Ever. 😉
- Hanging out with my brother—he is one of the smartest, funniest guys I know and he can make me laugh like no one else.
- Reading—I am rarely, if ever, without a book near me…they provide an escape from my everyday life.
- Laughing—I love to laugh, but even more I love making people laugh.
As much as I would love to nominate Randy, he’s already won this award, so I’m going to help keep his ego in check and nominate three other people.
- Trixpin at Almonds are Mercurial – An amazing blog documenting all thing yummy, not just with words but with some awesome pictures as well. She comments often on my blog with supportive words of encouragement, which I appreciate so much!
- Keri at Becoming the Best Me – Keri is on a similar journey as mine, and it’s nice to read about someone else going through the same thing I am. Keri has been very supportive of my blog since we stumbled across each other, and I’m always excited to see what she’s posting.
- Kimberly at Squats and Deadlifts and Lunges – Oh My! – I’ve known Kim since before our blogging days and consider her a very good friend. I love reading about her training and getting ready for fitness and posing competitions, and though I will most likely NEVER get to the level she is at, she is inspiring to me nonetheless. She is always encouraging me and telling me how much she loves reading my blog and is one of my best cheerleaders.