(Notice I said hoping—I’m so commitment-phobic.)
In all honesty, I thought seriously about making Saturday’s post my last—shutting down the blog, shutting my mouth, and never talking about my weight again—but I received so many kind words from friends who care about me, letting me know how much I’m loved and how awesome they think I am. I also heard from people who I reached out to tell me how much they enjoy reading the blog. It made me stop and take some time on Sunday to think hard about what my next move should be.
In the last while, I have really lost sight of what it is that I want—why I’m trying to lose weight and what it is that I want to achieve. I’m constantly shoving my priorities aside to make room for other things, namely work. I don’t want to do that anymore. I want my priorities to come first. I came up with a few ideas to get me back on track and put what I want front and center.
What do I want to achieve?
- I want to get my body to a healthy weight. I want to have lots of energy, I want to sleep better, I want to enjoy the body I live in.
What are my priorities?
- Fueling my body with healthy, good-for-me food
- Exercising to gain and keep strength and endurance
- Keeping my stress-level down and my energy up.
How will I do this?
- Weekly grocery shopping and food prep—Sunday’s will be my day to shop and prep my food for the week.
- Back to clean eating—limit processed food and junk food in my diet—I’m not going to say I’ll never indulge again, but
- Bringing my lunch to work and limit the amount of meals I eat out.
- Scheduling my workouts—treating these as appointments that are non-negotiable. Unless we’re facing Armageddon I’m working out.
- Getting back to my daily meditations—I really miss this. I find that daily meditations, just 20 minutes a day, really keep me calm and centred.
- Lastly—and most importantly—stop talking about and JUST DO IT ALREADY!
There, now I have a plan. Actually, just getting that all down makes me feel so much better. Ready to go forth and conquer!